Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year.......

Like almost everyone, I too have made various New Year Resolutions with the express purpose of making major changes to my life in hopes of making myself a better person. Also like many people, after a couple months those resolutions fall to pieces and I end up doing the very things I said I wouldn't do. But that's not really a big deal. I don't ever making any resolutions that would cause total and complete change in any area of my life....well, at least not for the new year.

This year, like most years, in reflection I realize that there were a great many things that I could have done differently.....situations I could have handled more delicately.....risks I should have never taken.... and definitely money that I shouldn't have spent so frivolously. But it has been said many times that hindsight has 20/20 vision and never is that proven more than when we are starting a new year and we remember all the mistakes we made in the previous one. It is this reflection which drives one to create resolutions in order to reduce the chances of us repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Some of us decide to give up our vices: gambling, drinking, drugs..... Others take a more subtle approach by resolving to treat persons better, settling down.... There are as many resolutions as there are people who make them, for while resolutions may be similar, they are all different. They are as unique as the people that make them. Each resolution is tailor-made by each person for themselves.

This year, I have one resolution. One thing that I think will fully influence how I see the world, how I react t it, and consequently what opportunities or sanctions I will have to experience. My resolution is simple: I will take it one day at a time. This is not as simple as it sound. I don't mean that I will completely throw out any form of future planning and live in the moment, no! What I mean is that I will not allow tomorrow's problems to overshadow today. I will not be stressed out my tuition fee which needs to be paid in 4 weeks.....I will not be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of bills that need to be paid next week.... I wont even worry about the rent that's due at the end of this week. What I will do is meet up with some friends later, have a couple laughs, drink a couple shots of rum, generally just enjoy myself, then go home to sleep. Tomorrow is a different day, a different time, a different section of my life.

That's my resolution for this year. Just one resolution with the potential to provide me with less stress and more happiness in my life.

-Kapil Dev
-Necrodevz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.... Be honest. I dont bite often.